Monday, August 27, 2012

Someone's Listening!

I must say, it is nice to know there is someone out there who hangs on my every word.

We all know what it is like to compete to get our voices heard. In my case, it happens frequently. I have classes who love to chit-chat, babies who love to back-talk, and a husband who would argue with a rock...and they are all louder than me.

However, I do have one audience who waits anxiously for my voice...my sponsored children. Jeffry, Cesar, Luz Maria, Andrea, Jhoselin, Israel, Arbaj, Mohamadi, Estanly, Genesis, and Ilda, treat me like a celeberity. They save my letters and carry my pictures around with them. Out of all the people in the world, they want to meet ME. When I first met Luz Maria, it amazed me to discover that the sweet girl had practically memorized every word I had ever written to her. She knew all about me. Every time I think about that I am humbled by the power that my words can have. I have the incredible power to pour an endless supply of love and encouragement into my sponsored children. While Satan is whispering these lies in one ear...

"You don't matter."

"If God loves you, you wouldn't live like this."

"You live in garbage, so you must BE garbage."

I have the great privelege, backed up by the truths of Scripture, to sing into the other ear words like these...

"You are BEAUTIFUL."

"God has a plan for your life."

"I love you."

For me, someone is out their listening...and sometimes, I'm pleased to discover that those who listen aren't so far away. I want to try to remember that people everywhere, not just those in poverty, need someone to speak truth into their lives to combat Satan's lies. His tactics don't necessarily change based on your economic status. Satan is a liar, and he always has been. I am thankful for those in my life who are encouragers, who always seem to choose the right time to inject a little truth into my world. For all of us, someone out there is waiting for those words of affirmation...

No comments:

Post a Comment