Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kim's Compassion: 10,000 Reasons

Our sponsored children spend a lot of time in their letters thanking us for the part we play in their lives.

Have you thanked them for the part they play in yours?

I made these fun bookmarks for my Thanksgiving packets with leftover scrapbook paper from another project! I added each child's photo and printed Philippians 1:3,7 in each child's language. It says "I thank my God every time I remember you......because I have you in my heart!" To top it off, I included a copy of one of my favorite songs, "10,000 Reasons" and encouraged each child to take time to be thankful for God's goodness!
 
Thanksgiving is past, but you can say thanks all year round! Tell your child that he or she is valued. Take time to say "thank you" for the letters, drawings, and love that your child lavishes on you!
 

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! We sang 10,000 Reasons before our trip, was a perfect song to remember to be thankful for the opportunity I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were you able to print verses in the child's own language? And did you also print the song in their language? I sponsor children in Thailand, Haiti and Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also wondering how you printed the verses in their own language. That would be so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also printed Bible verses in my sponsored children's languages and this is how I did it. You can find most languages at this link:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/

    Look at your child's Compassion profile to see what language they speak and then look for a Bible in that language. I sponsor a Haitian child and her language is found in the Haitian Creole version.

    The Indonesian Bible is not listed here so I found this link for it: http://bibledbdata.org/onlinebibles/indonesian_bis/index.htm

    I don't have sponsored children in Thailand so I'm not sure on that one.

    Go to the index of the Bible in your child's language and you can work your way down starting with Genesis, many of the names are similar so you can figure it out, and then click on the chapter and verse, and copy and paste the text into your craft. You can put the English book name, chapter and verse in brackets, just in case they do need to translate or check it for some reason.

    If you have a design program of some kind, I have made 4" x 6" "postcards" with the verse in their language, saved them as jpg's and then had them printed at Costco, which gave me a better print quality than my ink jet printer at home, and was much cheaper.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kim, for the bookmark idea - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nice! Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete